Understanding the Update
Update: There are four OS updates that will be installed as part of this software upgrade:
- Nokia update
Beginning June 27, the Nokia Lumia 710 will begin receiving notifications for software updates. The latest software build will improve software stability and resolve open issues with the device. The new windows version is 7.10.8773 and the software version is 1600.3030.8773.12120. This update will continue until July 31. You will receive a pop-up notification on your device informing you that an update is available.
You can only update using one method:
- Tether update: Microsoft will push a notification to your device beginning June 20 through July 31 informing you that the update is available via Zune tether. We cannot expedite how soon Microsoft sends the notification that the update is available or makes the software available for download.
After each update, the phone will reboot and say “Success! Your phone has been updated,” followed by a message saying an update is available for your phone. The phone will continue to the next update automatically.
Do not disconnect the phone from the PC until all four updates are installed. Once they are installed, you can verify that you are on the correct software version by going into Settings > about > more info. You should be on OS version: 7.10.8773.98 and firmware revision number 1600.3030.8773.12120.
Windows Version 7.10.8773 / Software version 1600.3030.8773.12120 - Current
The software update to Windows Phone 7.10.8773 / Software version 1600.3030.8773.12120 includes the following improvements:
- Added Internet Sharing (Wi-Fi Sharing)
- Resolved freezing during startup
- Resolved sound quality distorted during phone calls
- Resolved proximity sensor muting or hanging up while on a call
- Resolved the unlock screen getting stuck half way
- Resolved cannot reconnect to hidden Wi-Fi networks
- Resolved Market app updates not working during initial use
- Improved battery performance and stability.
Windows Version 7.10.7740 / Software version 1600.3007.7740.11465
The original Windows Phone OS 7.10 / Software version 1600.3007.7740.11465 has the following features.
- Windows Phone 7.5 Mango
- Full Web browsing, email, turn-by-turn navigation and access to Windows Marketplace.
- 5 mega-pixel camera with flash
- Nokia Drive
- Nokia Contacts Transfer
- Available in black or white
Help & How to
Check software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, swipe left to Applications.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About.
- Tap More Info.
Download update from Zune
To complete the update, customers will need to follow these steps once they have received notification that the software update is now available:
- When their device is ready to receive the update, customers receive 'An update is available' pop-up notification on their device.
- Connect the Nokia Lumia 710 to a computer using the USB cable included in the box.
- Zune should automatically open once the device is connected. If the customer does not have Zune installed on the computer, a pop-up should prompt the customer to download install it. See How to download and install Zune for more details.
- Wait for Zune to finish checking for updates. Click the Update button to proceed. If Zune displays 'Your phone is up to date." message, see Zune does not show 'A software update is available' for more troubleshooting details.
- Review the Update Your Phone page for:
- An overview of what the update includes
- The estimated time to complete the update
- Additional disclaimer information
- Click the Update Now button to begin the update process. When the Update in Progress screen appears on the computer, the device also displays a connection image.
- Next, Zune completes the following tasks:
- Download updates
- Preparing to install
- Rebooting your phone
- Creating a backup Installing updates Rebooting your phone Completing updates
- On the Successful Update screen, click the Finish button.
- Disconnect Lumia 710 from PC.