Learn how to check the software version and see official versions for the Nokia Lumia 710. Find out more on this page:
Beginning June 27, the Lumia 710 received notifications for software updates to 1600.3030.8773.12120. This update provides features and improvements:
Check the software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, swipe left to Applications.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About.
- Tap More Info.
- Read the version on the phone, and check it below:
Your software is up to date. There are no updates available.
This document will be updated if and when new software is available.
Your phone can update to software version 1600.3030.8773.12120:
If the update fails, contact customer care.
Your phone has non-T-Mobile software, and it is unsupported. The manufacturer and T-Mobile cannot update your software.
Requirements to update
To be able to update to the current software version, the below requirements must be met:
- 50% or higher battery life
- Connection to PC running Zune software
Software update: Automatic (OTA)
Update automatically Over-The-Air (OTA)
This software update will be pushed to your phone between June 27 and July 31, 2012. Your phone will notify you when it is ready to update. If your phone has not received an OTA message, see Software update: Download below.
After receiving the OTA notification that the update is available via Zune tether, there are four OS updates installed as part of this software upgrade:
- Nokia update
After each update, the phone will reboot and say “Success! Your phone has been updated,” followed by a message saying an update is available for your phone. The phone will continue to the next update automatically.
Do not disconnect the phone from the PC until all four updates are installed. Once they are installed, you should be on OS version: 7.10.8773.98 and firmware revision number 1600.3030.8773.12120.
Software update: Download
Download and install software update
You can download and install the software update:
Update software from a computer
To download updates for your phone and install them using a computer, follow these steps:
- When your device is ready to receive the update, you receive 'An update is available' pop-up notification on your device.
- Connect your Nokia Lumia 710 to a computer using the USB cable included in the box.
- Zune should automatically open once the device is connected. If you do not have Zune installed on your computer, a pop-up should prompt you to download install it. See How to download and install Zune for more details.
- Wait for Zune to finish checking for updates. Click the Update button to proceed.
- Review the Update Your Phone page for:
- An overview of what the update includes
- The estimated time to complete the update
- Additional disclaimer information
- Click the Update Now button to begin the update process. When the Update in Progress screen appears on the computer, your device also displays a connection image.
- Next, Zune completes the following tasks:
- Download updates
- Preparing to install
- Rebooting your phone
- Creating a backup Installing updates Rebooting your phone Completing updates
- On the Successful Update screen, click the Finish button.
- Disconnect your Lumia 710 from the PC.