Understanding the Issue
- Error: 'Emergency Mode'
- 'Emergency firmware recovery'
|Software version affected||T989UVLE1|
|Software version resolved||NA|
|Software update resources||NA|
|Issue type||Known Issue|
Help & How to
What to expect
This error occurs during the ICS update on the Samsung Galaxy S II.
- Disconnect your device from the PC.
- Exit the Kies software.
- Launch the Kies software after it fully exited.
- Reconnect the device to the PC. (If the PC does not recognize the device or it is not connected properly, you will not be able to move forward in the Emergency recovery screen.)
- Click Tools at the top left of the Kies window.
- Click the Emergency recovery.
- The Update will begin.
- Note: DO NOT disconnect the cable connected to the PC.
- Read the caution message and then click Start upgrade.
- The Firmware upgrade will start.
If firmware update fails continuously in emergency mode, try it on another PC after writing down the Recovery Code.
- Run Emergency firmware recovery on your original PC.
- Write down the Recovery code for later use.
- Run Kies on the other PC and enter Emergency firmware recovery.
- Click Emergency recovery using the recovery code.
- Input the Recovery code.
- Click Emergency recovery.
- Update begins.
- Start the Upgrade.
- Check progress bar for completion.