Understanding the Issue
- Signal strength may appear to fluctuate between low and high.
- Signal may jump between 4G, 3G, and 2G.
What happens and why
The HTC One S signal may fluctuate between no signal, 2G and 4G. Signal bars may also change.
Help & How to
To correct signal fluctuations on the HTC One S, follow these steps:
- Update to the latest software version. It resolves any device software problems.
- If the phone gets stuck on 2G after an update and does not fluctuate, see: Stuck on 2G / cannot connect to 4G after software update.
- Remove the back cover.
- When it is off:
- Ensure that SIM cover does not have damage using a visual inspection (brass contacts should not be scratched off with plastic visible). Verify there are no breaks or bends in the plastic or metal.
- Make sure the Power button sticks up, and is not depressed under the edge.
- Verify the correct SIM is in device.
- Put the the back cover on securely, ensuring the the contacts connect.
- Check signal fluctuation using a different T-Mobile device.