Understanding MOTOBLUR Service
The MOTOBLUR™ service, which is available on all Android Motorola devices, that provides a unique mobile experience that enables you to receive real-time updates from social networking, email, and other online accounts.
Help & How to
Ability to quickly configure the following accounts:
- Corporate Sync
- Other existing POP or IMAP
- Yahoo Mail
- News feeds
- By topic
- By channel (predefined popular sites)
- Add custom site
- Photo Sharing
- Social Networking
- Other Subscriptions
- New messages, news feeds, status updates, weather, and more stream to the device real-time, always keeping you up-to-date via the unique and customizable widgets.
- Note: By default, all social networking account updates are pushed to the Happenings widget, and all new emails, social networking emails, or messages are pushed to Messages widget.
- Widgets display on the Home screen and can be reconfigured or repositioned, customizing the experience.
- The Tips and Tricks widget allow T-Mobile and Motorola to push newly created self-help and important information directly to your phone.
- All configured accounts, contacts, and Home screen configurations are saved to the MOTOBLUR™ account profile
- If you erases your data, complete a handset exchange, or purchases a new device, all preconfigured account information downloads to the phone when the you log into your Blur account.
- You can access your MOTOBLUR account online via the MOTOBLUR user portal, to perform any of the following:
- Locate phone using the phone’s GPS signal
- Remotely erase the phone, if lost or stolen
- Upload contacts from the desktop, or other source to synchronize with the phone
- Software updates are stored on the MOTOBLUR™ server and become available to you at the same time.
If a factory reset is done, does all information get erased from the MOTOBLUR account?
No. The MOTOBLUR service makes your information safe and secure. If a device is ever reset, information is still saved on the MOTOBLUR server.
How does the MOTOBLUR service improve the Android experience?
Instead of having to download and use multiple applications, the MOTOBLUR service aggregates all social network and popular media services into widgets, which are visible on the home screen. In addition, the MOTOBLUR services checks for updates automatically and pushes to the device when available.