Understanding the Issue
Device does not appear to turn on or respond to key presses.
What happens and why
There are two primary reasons this may happen:
- Battery charge is low, 5% or lower. The device will not turn on until charged enough.
- Device is not in default operation mode. This can be caused when the Volume Up key is pressed while the device turns off. device was last powered down.
|Software version affected||1.53.531.16 710RD|
|Software version resolved||None|
|Software update resources||None|
Help & How to
To fix the device not responding or turning on, follow these steps:
- Connect the charging cable to the device, and plug it into a wall outlet.
Note: Do not charge using a USB connection or computer if you are having this problem.
- Allow the device to charge for 30 minutes:
- Within 5 minutes of charging, the LED should start flashing green.
- Within 10 minutes of charging, the LED should stay a steady green.
- Continue charging for 30 minutes.
- After charging with the device turned off, press and hold the Power button for 20 seconds.
- Release the Power button.
- Press the Power button again for one full second, and release it.
- Wait a few seconds for the device to turn on.
Note: If the device turns on, check battery indicator for the amount of charge the device has. If the battery is less than 100%, continue charging until it is full.
- If the device remains unresponsive or cannot turn on, continue troubleshooting: Cannot turn on or charge device: Android.