Understanding the Issue
- Devce turns off without warning
- Must plug device into charger to turn it on
What happens and why
The phone may appear to turn off with no warning. Some possible causes are:
- No low battery warning on software version 1.53.531.16 710RD
- Storing the device in a tight pocket or small space may press and hold the power button.
- Third-party apps
- Third-party charger
Help & How to
To resolve the device turning of unexpectedly, follow these steps:
- Update the software version. This resolves the software-related problems.
- Be aware:
- Do not use a third-party charger. A low-powered charger can lead to incorrect battery sensor calibration. This voids your warranty.
- Do not store the device in a tight pocket or small space may press the Power key and turn it off.
- Turn off Wi-Fi whenever you are not using it.
- Remove all third-party apps that were added since the problem started.
- When the device turns off, plug it into the wall charger. The LED light should begin to flash. Allow the device to charge until the LED is glowing solid.
- Press the Power button to turn on the device.
- If the device has problems turning on, press and hold the Power button for at least 10 seconds. Repeat if necessary.
- If problems continue, see: Device randomly turns off.
- If problems continue, HTC is developing a future software update to improve this device performance.