Understanding the Issue
You may find when open Windows Phone Market place that you receive the following error:
This occurs when the Windows Live ID used for initial phone setup has already been associated to an Xbox, Zune, or Marketplace, and the country of the account does not match the country specified in the region format of the phone.
|Software version affected||All|
|Software version resolved||N/A|
Help & How to
To resolve this issue you will need to reset your Windows Phone. Before completing the master reset ensure you have backed up all of your personal information, and then complete the following steps:
- From home screen, swipe left to the App list.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About.
- Tap reset phone.
- Tap yes and then yes again to confirm reset.
- When your phone restarts, your phone will guide you through several steps to set up your phone. When you get to the Sign in with a Windows Live ID page, choose not now.
- Tap the Marketplace tile to open the Marketplace.
Note The Marketplace Hub will be repopulated based on the phone’s region format.
- When you try to buy or download an application from Marketplace you will be prompted to sign in with a Windows Live ID.
- Tap Sign in, enter your Windows Live ID and password and then tap Sign in again.
- Because the country associated with your account differs from the country used to prepopulate the Marketplace Hub, you will be told that your phone has to restart. You can opt to restart or simply open Marketplace again to see the Marketplace hub for your country.