Learn how to check the software version and update the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G. Find out more on this page:
Understanding the software version
Beginning August 14, the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G will have a software update to Android version 2.3.6 / Baseband version T679UVLG3 via Samsung Kies only. This update improves device performance and stability.
You can update in one way:
Manual download to T679UVLG3: If you want to update to T679UVLG3, you can update via Samsung Kies. Ensure you are on the latest version of Kies prior to attempting the update. See http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ to confirm the version.
Current Software Version
|Both software versions are current. Your device software is up to date.|
You can manually update to Android version 2.3.6/ Baseband version T679UVLG3. See above for steps to manually update via Kies.
T-Mobile and Samsung will not send you a software update.
Devices with non-T-Mobile software versions are out of warranty and do not receive updates.
Android version 2.3.6 / Baseband version T679UVLG3 and T679UVLK2 - Current Version
- Android version 2.3.6 / Baseband version T679UVLG3
- Samsung Kies Only
- Approved 8/14/12
- Device stability improvements
- Bug Fixes
- Android version 2.3.5 / Baseband version T679UVLE1 update
- Latest version of Kies software downloaded on PC or MAC
- At least 50% battery life
Android version 2.3.6 / Baseband T679UVLK2 - Current version
- Android version 2.3.6 / Baseband version T679UVLK2
- Preloaded only. Cannot update to this version.
- Approved 12/14/12
- Pinch and zoom backend change - no visible user changs
- You cannot check for Samsung software updates or download this software. T-Mobile will not push this as an OTA, because it does not offer new benefits.
- This software is only on a newly purchased or exchanged devices.
- This software was created for new devices only in order to meet a Samsung requirement for all carriers.
- Preloaded on devices produced after 12/14/12
Android version 2.3.6 / Baseband version T679UVLE1 - Approved 5/30/12
- New Features
- Re-brand to Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G
Android version 2.3.5 / Baseband version T679UVKJ1 - Approved 10/20/11
Check software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap About phone.
- Scroll down and view the Baseband version.
Manually update over USB using [update method, such as Kies]
You can [describe manual update process]. To manually update over a USB cable, follow these steps:
- Download the most recent version of Kies by visiting http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/.
- Double click the Kies file. The program will self extract, no action is required.
- Select the desired Language and Location, then click Next.
- Read the license agreement, check the box for "I accept..." and click Next.
- Kies Mini will begin the installation. No action is required.
- When the process is complete, click Finish.
Prepare the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit
Note: USB Debugging is only needed when using a MAC to Update via Kies.
- From the Android home screen, press the Menu key and tap Settings.
- Tap Applications.
- Tap Development.
- Tap USB Debugging.
- Tap the Home key to exit the settings menu.
- Insert the USB data cable into the phone and then into an available port on the computer.
- Select Samsung Kies at the phone prompt. The PC should recognize several devices and begin installation. This is normal and may take a few minutes. Unplug the data cable when completed.
Upgrade to LG3
Important: Verify that you have backed up all of your data, including the contents of the internal (non-removable) SD card, to prevent unnecessary data loss.
- On the PC, open the Kies application.
- Connect the device to the computer using the included USB cable.
- Once Kies recognizes the device, a popup window will appear.
- Click Update.
- Read the Caution statements and select the I have read... check box.
- If desired, select Allow saving to back up the device. If not, select Proceed without saving.
- Click Start Upgrade.
- The software will download to the PC, and then to the device.
- When the update completes, the 'Firmware Upgrade Complete' window will appear.
- Click OK to confirm.