Help & How to
- OS: MacOS X version 10.5 or later
- CPU: 1.8GHz Intel or faster processor
- Minimum memory size (RAM): 512MB or more
- Hard drive space: At least 100MB free
To see if a software update is available for your Android Samsung phone, search in your phone space for the Software Update document.
To update a Samsung device using a Mac, follow these steps:
- Download and install the latest version of Kies from http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/.
- On the Mac, click Go, Applications, Kies.
- Plug the device into the computer via USB cable.
- After the computer automatically detects the device, the status of the device connection will usually be displayed under Connected devices.
- Once connected it will display the options available for the device.
- If a software update is available, a message prompting to update the software appears. Click Update.
- Review the caution statements.
- Important: Performing a software update could delete the device, such as contacts, photos, music, and settings. Back up all information prior to updating the device.
- The computer automatically downloads the new software version and applies it to the device. When finished, click OK.