Understanding the Issue
Use this document to troubleshoot problems with the battery power depleting fast on BlackBerry devices.
- Make sure you are not on your phone when troubleshooting.
- Check your device for liquid or physical damage. If you see liquid or physical damage, contact us.
- Check your device's Tech Specs to understand the expected battery life for your device.
Note: Using device features that rely on connectivity (T-Mobile data, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.) or extended backlight use can cause the battery power to deplete fast.
- Adjust your backlight brightness and timeout using device How Tos.
- Make sure apps in the background are closed out.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of software for your device.
- If you are using a non-T-Mobile battery, contact the battery manufacturer for troubleshooting.
- If possible, try a different battery. If another battery does not have the issue, the original should be replaced.
- If the above steps have not resolved your issue, contact us.