Understanding the Issue
If you sync HTC Sense service, contacts, call logs, etc. you may see these symptoms:
- Error: ‘Incorrect username or password’
- Error: ‘Sign up error your device was unable to connect to HTC Sense’
- HTC Sense not available in the list of accounts
- Prompt to sign in to HTC Sense pops up
- HTC Sense account is not synchronizing personalized settings
- Unable to log into HTCSense.com web portal
What happens and why
This service outage only affects you if you sync to HTC Sense. To check if this applies to you, from the Home screen, press Menu, touch Settings, Accounts & sync, and check if HTC Sense appears in your accounts.
HTC is improving the HTC Sense sync services and HTCSense.com. However, until the improved service is available, the current services are shutting down. If your phone tries to sync, it will cause the errors above.
You must back up your data before April 30, 2012 in order to keep it from being deleted.
Help & How to
What to expect
- On April 30, 2012, all data you have stored to the sync serve will be deleted. You have until then to back up the data. This includes:
- Call history
- Internet history
- If you are registered to HTCSense.com, HTC will send you an email to explain the changes and warn you to back up your data.
- Until the new services are ready, HTCSense.com services will be shut down. We do not have a date when the services will be restored.
- This does not affect other HTC services. HTC Watch & Listen will continue to work without interruption.
To download your data in a zip file from HTC Sense sync accounts, follow these steps:
- From a web browser, go to http://www.HTCSense.com.
- Log in with your HTC Sense account with your username and password.
- In the Account Overview section, click the Download button.
- Follow prompts to download a .zip file containing your data.
Phone location and backup services that HTC Sense sync provided will be unavailable. Until it is back, you can use:
- Back up: You may back up data to a Google account.
- Phone location: Some HTC devices have the Lookout app pre-installed, which you can use to track your phone.
- Alternatives: If you prefer other options, visit Google Play. Search for and download an app that best meets your needs. T-Mobile cannot help you with third-party apps.
If you have any problems with HTC Sense sync or your data, contact HTC Customer Service.
HTC Customer Service
6 a.m to 1 a.m. Eastern Time (every day)