Understanding the Issue
The device may restart, even without any interaction. It may shut down when idle, when in your pocket, or when charging.
Help & How to
What to expect
- HTC identified that third-party applications cause these problems on the device.
- You do not need to call T-Mobile to report the restarts, because HTC is collecting your Tell HTC reports and watching the problem.
- Use the Tell HTC feature to report every time the phone restarts. This report contains a log file that is required to determine what the problem is.
- This issue has been improved in the most recent Android 2.3.4 / Software 1.50.531.1 update. However, third-party applications can still cause the issue.
If the phone is restarting on its own, follow these steps:
- If the problem happens with Google Maps or Navigation, see: Device crash or restart with Google Maps
- Update the device software if it is not the latest version.
- If you update the software, perform a master reset after.
- Remove and reinsert the memory card and SD card:
- From your downloaded applications list, remove some third-party applications:
- From the Home screen, tap the All apps button.
- Press the Menu key.
- Tap Remove app.
- View the list of apps. If any of the following apps are in your list, please remove them for a few days to test if the phone restarts. These apps have caused crashes and reboots in the past.
- AdMob (Ad. App. for android developers)
- Android Headlines
- Bank of America
- Basic Color Theme
- Qi Gong Meditation Relaxation
- The Weather Channel
- Talking Tom Cat Free
- If you do not have any of the apps on this list, please try uninstalling any additional third party apps one-at-a-time on your Sensation for a few days to test if the problem improves.
- To remove one, tap the app and tap the Uninstall button.
- Test the phone to see the the restarts continue.
- If there are no additional third party applications on the device, follow Device randomly turns off: Android.