Understanding the Issue
- Push ads appear in notification bar
- Green plus + sign or blue plus + sign in Notification bar
- Star icon in notification bar
- AirPush Advertisements
What happens and why
You may see an icon (a plus + sign, a star, or other icon) at the top of the screen in the Notification bar. Pulling down the Notification bar and touching the ad will open a web site.
These icons and ads are push ads that installed on your phone along with one of your non T-Mobile apps. Some app developers add these push ads to help earn money for the apps they develop.
Help & How to
What to expect
- The ads will continue as long as you have the app on your phone.
If you want to stop the ads and make the green plus (or other icon) go away, follow these steps:
- Review apps you have installed to determine which one may have push ads included in it.
Note: To help determine what app is causing the ads, you can:
- Consider which apps that you installed before the ads started.
- In the Play Store, read reviews other customers wrote about your apps. Reviews may indicate which contains these ads.
- Although T-Mobile does not support it, you may try downloading the app Addons Detector.
- Remove apps that may have included the ads.
- If the ads go away:
- Do not reinstall the apps.
- In Google Play Store, leave a review of the apps to advise that it contains ads.
- If this does not remove the icon or ads from the Notification bar, perform a master reset.