Understanding the Issue
- Touch screen does not respond to touches quickly.
- Slowness when sending a text message.
- Web pages take longer to load.
- Device restarts, or turns off and turns back on.
- Device is slow, sluggish, frozen, crashes, locks up, or randomly stops.
The device may seem to freeze, lock up, or have slow performance. There are several possible causes for this:
These problems can occur even on properly working Windows devices from all carriers and manufacturers. The most common cause of the problems are listed above and can be fixed with the steps below.
Part 1: Beginning troubleshooting
To start making your device work properly, follow these steps:
- Think about the pattern of device slowness or errors, and what programs were open in the background. Use the answers to focus on troubleshooting relevant to the situation.
- Have realistic expectations for how responsive the device should be:
- It is normal for the device to pause while opening programs or performing tasks, such as sending texts and browsing the Internet.
- Web pages, email, and apps that access the Internet may load slowly depending on the network.
- The device is not as fast or responsive as a computer.
- T-Mobile cannot troubleshoot slowness in third-party applications. Please contact the app developers.
- You need to manage the memory regularly for the device to work properly.
- Check the documents for your device to see if a software update is available. Install any available updates.
- Check the documents for your device. If there is a document with the problem or error you are having, follow it before continuing here.
- If the problem continues, move on to Part 2: Advanced troubleshooting.
Part 2: Advanced troubleshooting
You must rule out apps, settings, and corrupted personal data that may cause the problem. To do this, follow these steps:
- If applicable, remove the battery and memory card from the device.
- Reinsert the battery (not the memory card), and turn on the device.
- Perform a master reset. See steps for your device.
- Sign in to the Windows Live or Hotmail account with your contacts from Accounts & sync. Do not add additional accounts yet.
- Use the device, but install:
- NO Apps
- NO Email or additional Gmail accounts (You can still access webmail through the browser.)
- NO Facebook or other sync services
- NO Memory cards
Note: This testing period is necessary to test the device.
- If the issue continues during the 72 hour test period, then see:
There are no third-party apps installed
And no email accounts (other than the primary Gmail)
And no facebook or sync services
And no memory card installed.
You have installed at least one app, email account (other than the primary Windows Live or Hotmail account), facebook or other sync services, or a memory card
- Be advised that we need to determine what is causing the issue, and the things you are adding to the device are the most likely causes
- Restart troubleshooting the issue from the beginning.