Your payment may be misapplied for the following reasons:
- You did not write your account or mobile number on a payment sent by mail.
- You mailed a single payment that was intended for two accounts.
- You have more than one account and you made a payment intended for one of your accounts, but it posted to another.
- The payment processed with an incorrect or canceled phone number when submitted via the website or over the phone.
What to do:
- Check the payment posting timelines to make sure you've allowed enough time for the payment to post to your account.
- EasyPay: Payments are automatically deducted each month approximately three days before your due date.
- Electronic Check / Credit Card / Payment Center / Over the Phone: Payments post in real-time within a few minutes of submitting the payment.
- Payments by Mail: Payments sent in the mail post within seven days from the mailing date.
- Contact Customer Service
- If you can verify both accounts (the one you meant to pay for and the one that actually received the payment), your payment will be posted to the appropriate account, and all late fees you may have incurred will be waived.
- If you cannot verify both accounts, see Missing payment.