Troubleshoot the phone getting stuck in Safe mode. Errors you may see:
- 'Safe mode' displays on bottom of the Home screen
- Cannot make calls or receive calls or access the internet
- Some third-party apps do not start
Safe mode can automatically activate due to:
- Third-party app preventing the device from starting
- Case touches the keys
- Accidentally touching keys while device is starting
- Keys are stuck
- Phone is connected to USB cable and encounters an error
- Device is rooted
Normally, restarting the device and pressing no keys turns off Safe mode. If it does not turn off Safe mode, follow these steps:
- Verify the phone is unplugged and not charging.
- Remove the battery and SIM card.
- Wait 20 seconds, and then re-insert the SIM card and battery.
- Make sure that your case does not press any keys.
- Press each key a few times, to check it is not stuck.
- Turn on the device. Do not press keys while it starts up.
- If the device starts in Safe mode, then uninstall all apps that you recently downloaded.
- Restart the device.
Note: If the device starts normally, the issue was with an app. Contact the developer, and do not re-install it.
- Wipe the cache partition. See: Android > Your device > How Tos, and look under Settings.
- If the issue continues, do a master reset using hardware keys. See your device How Tos.
Need more help?
If you couldn't find your issue, or need more help, contact us.