Find answers to commonly asked questions about Premium Services here.
What is Premium Services? How much does it cost?
Premium Services allows T-Mobile customers the ability to purchase or subscribe to messaging programs, provided by third party content providers. Premium Services are started by responding with a 4-, 5-, or 6-digit number, known as a short code. Premium Services can be a one-time charge or a monthly subscription service.
Premium Services includes:
- Interactive voting during TV shows
- Weather alerts, sports score alerts, daily jokes, horoscopes, etc.
- Trivia subscriptions
- Subscriptions that enable the download of a certain amount of content each month, such as the ability to download 10 ringtones or wallpapers per month
The cost of Premium Services programs can vary. Prices range from less than $1 to as much as $9.99. They can be a one-time charge or recurring. The charges can be billed to your T-Mobile bill or paid for by credit card.
How do I opt-in to a Premium Services program?
There are two general methods for opting in to Premium Messaging programs:
Directly from your handset:
- Send a text message from your handset to the short code.
- A text message response via the short code will be received on your device.
- The text message will include:
- The premium charge for the program
- Instructions on how to opt in
- The “keyword” to respond with to opt into the program
- Reply to the text message with the “keyword” to consent for the premium charge.
- The opt-in will then be processed.
- You will receive the content offered through the program and a thank you message for participating.
Note: If your handset is not capable of receiving the content offered through the program, you'll receive the message:
“Your device is not capable to receive the selected content.”
From a website to your handset:
- On a third-party website, you'll receive a request to participate in a Premium Services program through an advertisement or search request.
- Input your mobile number on the website.
- You'll receive a text message from a short code with opt-in instructions.
- Follow the instructions to complete the opt-in process.
How do I opt-out of a Premium Services program?
To opt-out of a Premium Services program, send a text message to the short code that you received the Premium Services content from.
Text one of the following keywords in the body of the message from the handset:
A confirmation of the cancellation will be sent as a text message to the handset. If you do not remember the short code that you messaged originally, contact T-Mobile at 1-800-937-8997 and our Customer Care team will assist in ending any subscription services.
Any refunds are applied to your account within 24 hours, and you'll be able to confirm the refund has posted to your balance by logging into My T-Mobile.
How do I prevent phone numbers on my account from using Premium Services?
T-Mobile offers services that can help you block the ability to purchase Premium Services.
- Family Allowances allows you to easily manage the minutes, messages, and downloads used on all the lines on your account for a low cost of $4.99 a month.
- Content blocking provides the ability to block all chargeable downloads billed through T-Mobile. This service is free to our customers.
How will Premium Services charges show on my bill?
Premium Service charges will show up under the charges for the subscriber that purchased the content and are labeled as PREMIUM SERVICES.
I canceled my Premium Services subscription. Why am I still being billed for it?
The Premium Services subscription could appear on your bill due to the following factors:
- Your monthly subscription begins the day you subscribe, which is most likely different than the bill cycle of your wireless service.
- Charges for Premium Service subscriptions, even if canceled mid-subscription, are not prorated.
- If your cancellation occurs after your Premium Services subscription cycle begins, but before your wireless bill cycle ends, you'll still have one final subscription charge on your next bill.