Learn about Caller ID, Name ID, and Enhanced Landline Caller ID.
Caller ID and Name ID details
Displays the number of the calling party on T-Mobile devices.
- Products such as T-Mobile @Home use a separate feature known as Enhanced Landline Caller ID.
- T-Mobile devices match the caller's number with the personal phone book. If the name is known, it's displayed.
- It's available with local and long distance numbers.
- You can block Caller ID by using sort codes. Caller ID can be blocked on some handsets.
- Some devices support the Caller ID Pictures and Caller Name features.
- Due to landline network limitations, some numbers may not display on Caller ID.
Enhanced Landline Caller ID
Enhanced Landline Caller ID allows a T-Mobile customer's name and mobile number to appear on a landline Caller ID display.
- Most landline carriers offer Enhanced Landline Caller ID.
Note: T-Mobile cannot guarantee that landline carriers offer this service to their customers.
- This doesn't work when roaming internationally.
- If a T-Mobile customer calls a landline customer, and the carrier does not support landline Caller ID, a combination of their city/state or 'Wireless caller' and their mobile number displays on the landline phone's Caller ID.
- The owner of the landline phone number will need to contact their landline provider if they're supported by TARGUS, which is now Neustar.
Name ID shows the name and number of the incoming caller on enabled devices even when the caller isn't in the customer's address book.
- This is a separate feature from Caller ID, which will only display the name of the incoming caller if that caller's name is in the customer's address book.
- If the incoming phone number is saved on the customer's address book, then that name will override the Name ID service (for example, Mom in the address book will appear as Mom on the device screen).
Name ID with Client Preloaded
- Each device that is pre-loaded with the Name ID Client automatically receives an Out of the Box 10-Day Free Trial.
- It shows the city and state in addition to the name and number.
- It has One Click option to add Contact information to the address book.
- If the calling party's number is blocked, Name ID will NOT override to show the information.
- Incoming caller’s name will not display while roaming. Only the incoming number, city, and state will display.
- Name ID services will not function while traveling internationally.
- Name ID is NOT available if you use T-Mobile Prepaid, TakeControl, or FlexPay.
- If Name ID is added to a device not listed on this page, then incoming Caller ID will not function.
Eligibility / Available To