Understanding the Issue
- Crashes during startup.
- Freezes on logo screen while starting.
- Frozen at start up screen
- Gets stuck on bootloader.
The device may crash or freeze as it starts up. There are several possible causes for this:
The most common cause of the problems are listed above and can be fixed with the steps below.
Help & How to
To troubleshoot the device crashing or freezing as it turns on, follow these steps:
- Remove the battery and memory card from the device.
- Re-insert the battery (not the memory card).
- Turn on the device.
Note: If the device successfully starts, re-insert the memory card and turn on the device. If it fails with the memory card inserted again, the memory card is causing the problem. Then:
- Format the memory card from a computer or other phone.
- If this does not help, you may need to purchase a new memory card.
- Wipe the cache partition to clear system memory. Seach for steps to do this on your device.
- If the problem continues, turn on the device in Safe Mode, if possible on the device. See how to guides > Settings > Safe mode.
- In Safe Mode, delete all recently downloaded and updated apps.
- Restart the device to exit Safe Mode.
- Check for documents about your device. If you find any, follow those steps before continuing.
- Turn on the device to test if the problem continues.
- If the problem continues, master reset with hardware keys. For steps on your device, see Help & How > Settings > Reset to for your device.
Note: If the phone prompts to restore saved settings from before the reset, decline it. The issue may have been related to a setting.
- Wait 10 minutes for the phone to turn on. After the cache clear and reset, it may appear to be frozen while it is just taking a while to reset and restart.
Note: If the device successfully starts, it is not defective. Next:
- See how to Manage memory on Android, and follow the steps regularly.
- Only install apps one at a time. One of the apps on the phone may have caused the problem before. If the problem returns, the most recently installed apps are the likely causes.
- If the issue continues immediately after a reset or the device cannot be reset using the hardware keys, then Contact us.