Understanding the Issue
- Audio does not go through an attached wired headset
- Audio only works in one ear bud
- Crackling sound through attached headset
- Microphone does not work
- Headset icon does not appear on the notification bar
Help & How to
To fix problems with the headset not working as expected, follow these steps:
- Verify the plug is inserted all the way into the device. The plug clicks when inserted correctly.
- Turn up the volume on the device.
- Use a different application (such as Music, YouTube, QIK) to play audio, and verify it works.
Note: If it works, the problem is with the specific app and not with the device. Troubleshoot that app.
- Verify the headset works in other devices.
- Remove the back cover, and inspect the audio input for debris (such as paper, dirt, etc.). Clear the debris if you find some inside.
- If the problem continues, try a different headset.
- If the problem continues, perform a master reset.
- If the problem continues, contact us.