Understanding the Issue
When pressing and holding the Power key, it may not display the option to Power off.
This happens when you enable Storage encryption from the Storage menu and restart the device without entering the password.
Help & How to
To make the Power button show the Power off option, follow these steps:
- Be advised this is a software error that will be fixed in a future software update.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Security.
- Touch Clear all credentials.
- To prevent this from happening again, turn off storage encryption:
- From the menu in step 4, press the Back key.
- Touch Storge.
- Touch Storage encryption to turn it off.
- If the issue happens again or you do not want to turn off storage encryption, turn off the device by removing the battery.