Understanding the Issue
- Micro USB cable or charger does not charge device
- Cable plug does not seat correctly or falls out easily
- Error: “The power adaptor you have connected is not compatible. Please insert a compatible power adaptor.”
- Cannot charge with third-party USB cables
- Charging port no longer accepts the supplied 12-pin connector
- Device will not charge or turn on
Help & How to
What to expect
The correct way to insert a micro USB cable:
- Flat portion of micro USB should be facing up, towards display
- Grooves on micro USB should be facing up, towards display
- Insert cable with very little force
On the left is a 5-PIN cable that ships with many other HTC devices, and on the right is 12-PIN charger for an Amaze 4G. Note the grooves on the top of both connectors
On the left is the 12-PIN Amaze 4G connector, and on the right is a 5-PIN.
To troubleshoot the device not charging with a cable, follow these steps:
- Use the HTC power cable that came with the device. It is a 12-pin micro USB cable. Most older chargers use a 5-pin micro USB cable that does not work and can damage the charging port of the device.
- If problems continue with the HTC power cable, then remove battery.
- Re-insert battery.
- Insert the HTC charging cable.
- Wait up to 1 minute to verify the charging indicator (green or yellow LED) turns on.
- If the problem continues, perform a master reset.
- If the problem continues, contact us.