Understanding the Update
Beginning May 21, an update will be available for the Amaze 4G to update to the latest operating system, Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). You can choose to download the update to Android 4.0.3 by following the software update steps.
|Current Software Version||Update Status|
|This software version is current. Your device software is up to date.|
Beginning May 21, follow the steps below to Download update from HTC.
T-Mobile and HTC will not send you a software update.
Devices with non-T-mobile software versions are out of warranty and do not receive updates.
See also: Check your software version.
- Android version 4.0.3 / Software version 2.14.531.3710RD - Current version
- Android version 4.0.3 / Software version 2.14.531.3710RD
- Approved 5/21/2012
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Sense 3.6
- System bar enhancements to easily view recent apps.
- Re-sizeable widgets
- Lock screen actions including pull down notifications and adjust volume while device is locked.
- Data usage controls.
- Face Unlock
- Home screen folders
- Improved battery life
- Improved text input and spell checking
- Improved menu structure
- OTA or Manual update
- Device is running Android version 2.3.4 / Software version 1.43.531.3, 1.36.531.5, or 1.36.531.6
- Device software is not rooted
- More than 50% battery life
- Data or Wi-Fi connection
- Android version 2.3.4 / Software version 1.43.531.3
- Android version 2.3.4 / Software version 1.36.531.6
- Android version 2.3.4 / Software version 1.36.531.5
Download update from HTC
You may request the update from the update servers, even if you have not received the Over the Air (OTA) update. To download or check for updates, follow these steps:
- Connect to Wi-Fi for fastest download.
Note: This is a large update and can take over 20 minutes if downloading over the GSM network. Connect to Wi-Fi before updating for best results.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch About phone.
- Touch HTC software updates.
- Touch Check now.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates to Android 4.0.3 / Software version 2.14.531.3710RD.