Beginning February 15, a software update will be available for the HTC Radar 4G to resolve an issue visual voicemail and to add the ability to download and customize ringtowns. The update will upgrade the device to Software version OS 7.10.8107.79 and will be available through the Zune software via tethering to a PC.
New Features & Improvements
The update to Software version 7.10.8107.79 has the following features and improvements:
- Improvements to proximity sensor.
- Arizona Time zone not updating is resolved.
- Gmail contact syncimprovements.
- Visual Voicemail error Resolved.
- Microsoft security fix.
- Device is running Windows OS7.5 Software version 7.10.7720.68 or Software version 7.10.7740.16.
- More than 50% battery life.
- PC and USB cable to tether.
- Zune software installed on PC.
- 45 MB available memory.
Check for software update
You may check your phone settings to see if it has received the software update. To check for updates, follow these steps:
- From the Start screen, swipe left.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap about.
- Tap More info.
- OS Version will show the current software for device.
Download software update
After receiving a notification that you received the update, you may download the update. To download, follow these steps:
- Connect the device to a computer using a USB cable. Zune should automatically open once the device is connected. If you do not have Zune installed on the computer, a pop-up should prompt you to download and install it.
- Wait for Zune to finish checking for updates.
- Click the Update Now button to begin the update process.
- Once the update is complete, click Finish.