How to turn off Car Home
To turn off Car Home, follow these steps:
- From the Car Home screen, touch the X button in the lower right that says Exit car mode.
Note: If the button is not visible, press the Home key first.
- Slide down the Notification bar, and touch Car mode enabled / Select to exit car mode.
After turning off Car Home, it is still running in the background. It may restart on its own. To stop Car Home from running:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Manage apps.
- Verify the All tab is selected.
- Scroll down to Car Home. There may be two (2) entries.
- Touch each Car Home entry, and Clear data or Force stop.
Stop Car Home from opening
If you do not want to use Car Home and do not want it to open at all, then you can install Dock-No-Op from Android Market.
Note: Doc-No-Op is supported by the developer (Megagram), and not T-Mobile.
If you have problems turning off Car Home
If the steps above do not help turn off Car Home or it keeps turning on, follow these steps:
- If you installed or updated apps in the past couple weeks (or since the problem started), then uninstall them all.
- Check that no apps are stored on the SD card.
Note: If there are apps on the SD card, move them to the phone memory.
- Test the phone for at least 72 hours with no new/updated apps and no apps on the SD card to verify it is not a problem with a non-T-Mobile app.
- If the problem does not happen again, it was due to an app.
Note: You can re-install your apps one-by-one over the next few days. If the problem returns, remove recent apps and do not re-install them.
There is a rare problem with Car Home that:
- Occurs on many device from all manufacturers, and all carriers such as AT&T and Verizon.
- Has been escalated with Google.
- Has no root cause determined yet.
- Will be fixed once Google and HTC determine the root cause.