Cruise ship roaming details
Cruise ship roaming is available while on selected cruise lines if you have the WorldClass International Roaming feature. The typical rate is $5.99 per minute (or a fraction thereof).
Some cruise lines may allow T-Mobile customers without the WorldClass International Roaming feature to roam on their ships. In these instances, T-Mobile customers may incur a cruise ship roaming fee that is different from the $5.99/minute WorldClass rate. This is a valid charge that you might see on your bill.
Additional information about cruise ship roaming
- We recommend that you turn off your roaming feature while docked in a U.S. port, whether the ship is departing or arriving. Otherwise, your phone may pick up the ship's roaming network and you'll incur roaming charges. Once you're heading out to sea, you can reactivate roaming on your device.
- Calls placed while visiting ports are billed at the WorldClass rate for the country the customer is roaming in. See International Roaming for details.
- Text messaging (SMS) while roaming on cruise ships is billed the same as international SMS. See International SMS Rates for pricing and details.
- Data transmission, including email and Internet activity, is billed by volume. See International Data Roaming for pricing and data feature requirements.
- For a full list of cruise liners and their rates, see International Roaming and select your cruise from the drop down.