Content Blocking Overview
- Content Blocking is a free add-on feature that gives you the option to block ALL chargeable downloads billed through T-Mobile. Download types include:
- All Third-Party and Content Gateway purchases using a short code (CoGa and D2C).
- Note: This includes transactions such as Bank Notifications, Horoscope, Alerts and more.
- Applications from Play Store
- Content and service subscriptions. Examples are monthly subscriptions to Apps like TeleNav and MobiTV.
- Content Blocking is available to all T-Mobile customers.
- Content Blocking continues to work while roaming domestically. However, it does not work while roaming internationally.
Content That is Not Blocked
Content Blocking only blocks downloads that have a purchase price greater than $0.00. Any free download would not be blocked.
- Content purchased from third party companies who do not allow customers to pay for downloads through T-Mobile. Examples include:
- Play Store purchases paid for with a credit card.
- BlackBerry App World purchases paid for with PayPal.
- Free text messages from content providers sent to notify you that you purchased content (ringtones, games, wallpaper, etc.).
- Free application downloads from application stores like the Play Store and BlackBerry App World.
Add or Remove Content Blocking
To add or remove Content Blocking, perform the following steps:
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in.·
- From the My Account drop-down menu, select Change services.
- Select or click to clear the Content Blocking feature from the list provided and then click the CHANGE SERVICES button.
- Complete the transaction and Content Blocking will be activated or removed.
Note: Monthly4G, SmartAccess, Business, kidConnect, Take Control and Huddle Up customers must call Customer Care to add Content Blocking.