Beginning March 19, a software update will be available for the HTC HD7 to resolve Gmail contacts not fully synching to device, phone defaulting to vibrate mode after dismissing an alarm, issue with the keyboard disappearing periodically, SMS and MMS displaying wrong time stamp, and time zone issues for our Airizona customers. The update will upgrade the device to Software version 7.10.8107.79 and will be available through the Zune software via tethering to a PC.
New Features & Improvements
The update to Mango Windows Mobile 7.10 has the following features and improvements:
- Boosts battery life and overall stability.
- Resolves errors with AZ Time Zone.
- Resolves keyboard disappearing periodically.
- Resolves SMS and MMS having incorrect timestamp
- Resolves alarm clock defaulting to vibrate mode after dismissing alarm.
- Overall software stability improvements
Check for software update
You may check your phone settings to see if it has received the software update. To check for updates, follow these steps:
- From the Start screen, swipe left.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap about.
- Tap More info.
- OS Version will show the current software for device.
Download update from Zune
To complete the two-part update, you will need to follow these steps:
- When your device is ready to receive the update, you will receive 'An update is available' pop-up notification on your device.
- Connect the HD7 to a computer using the USB cable included in the box.
- Zune should automatically open once the device is connected. If the you do not have Zune installed on the computer, a pop-up should prompt the you to download install it. See: Download and install Zune.
- Wait for Zune to finish checking for updates.
- Click the Update button to proceed.
- Review the Update Your Phone page for:
- An overview of what the update includes
- The estimated time to complete the update
- Additional disclaimer information
- Click the Update Now button to begin the update process.
- When the Update In Progress screen appears on the computer, the device also displays a connection image.
- Next, Zune completes the following tasks:
- Download updates
- Preparing to install
- Rebooting your phone
- Creating a backup
- Installing updates
- Rebooting your phone
- Completing updates
- On the Successful Update screen, click the Finish button.