Get the latest software for your T-Mobile BlackBerry by using the new and easy online BlackBerry Device software update solution.
Unlike the traditional method of updating device software through the Desktop Manager, the new online method does the following:
- Automatically detects your device model and checks for available software updates
- Lists the preferred software you should install
- Eliminates the need for you to download and install the Desktop Manager or handheld software to your PC
If necessary, you will be prompted to download and install the BlackBerry Application Loader software to your computer before you can begin.
Which T-Mobile BlackBerry models support this?
The following T-Mobile branded BlackBerry models have been enabled to utilize this new online software update method:
- BlackBerry 8700g
- BlackBerry 8820
- BlackBerry Bold 9700
- BlackBerry Bold 9780
- BlackBerry Bold 9900
- BlackBerry Curve 8320
- BlackBerry Curve 8520
- BlackBerry Curve 8900
- BlackBerry Curve 9300
- BlackBerry Curve 9315
- BlackBerry Curve 9360
- BlackBerry Pearl 8120
- BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220
- BlackBerry Torch 9810
Who can use this?
In order to take advantage of this new online software update method, the following requirements must be met:
- Device model supports online software updates
- Ability to download and install new applications to your computer (administrative access)
- Must be using Firefox or Windows Internet Explorer v5.5 or higher
- Cannot be a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Professional Software User (used to receive e-mail from a corporate Microsoft Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes, or Novell GroupWise e-mail accounts)
Ready to use the online process to update your device software?
- Upgrade device software: BlackBerry (non-BES only)
- Reload and downgrade device software: BlackBerry (non-BES only)