Learn how to transfer account or line ownership. With an ownership transfer, another person (or business) becomes responsible for the T-Mobile line or account. Only the current owner of an individual account or an authorized user from a business/government account can authorize an ownership transfer.
To get started with the account or line transfer, the account owner and the person taking over responsibility will need to . Both parties should review the Terms and Conditions prior to assuming responsibility.
We've made it easy to do your part—use the information below to know what you'll need to do:
The account owner will need to...
- Understand the account and bill impacts:
- My T-Mobile and My Account usage records will no longer be accessible once the ownership transfer is complete.
- Your account will need to be current in order to transfer account ownership—this includes all past due charges, current charges, and EIP balances. You may be eligible to transfer your EIP balance to another account. for more details.
- If the person taking over the account does not agree to accept the transfer of ownership, you'll remain remain responsible for the account and all charges.
- You're not charged an ETF when completing an ownership change from yourself to another person or business.
The person taking over the account will need to...
- Undergo a credit check—a deposit may be required
- Agree to a service agreement
- Choose a plan
- Bring a device or buy a new phone—you may qualify for an Equipment Installment Plan.
- Understand the bill impacts:
- Already have an account? We'll use the existing billing method. Otherwise, your billing method will be Bill Current. Learn about Bill Current
- You will be assigned a new bill cycle and bill due date.
- You'll be responsible for the account and charges on and after the date of the ownership transfer.
- and speak to our activations team 30 days after the ownership transfer.
Business or Government accounts
If you need to transfer ownership for a business or government account, email the signed attached form to BusinessCare@T-MobileSupport.com or fax it to 1-877-214-5937.