You can request a refund for the deposit you paid at activation, as well as any credit balance or overpayment that may be made to your T-Mobile account.
If you would like to request a refund, please contact Customer Care. You will need to be the billing responsible party or an authorized user and we will need you to verify the following information:
- The password for the account or the last four digits of the Social Security number (SSN) that the account was activated with
- The mobile number for the account
- The current billing address for the account
NOTE: Canceled accounts must wait 30 days before the credit balance can be refunded due to final charges that may post to the account. You can call Customer Care to request a refund for any remaining credit balance.
For deposit refunds:
- You must complete 12 months of active service with T-Mobile.
- During those 12 months, your account cannot be suspended for non-payment.
- Note: If you have been suspended for non-payment in the previous 12 months, you will be eligible for a deposit refund after an additional six months of active service.
- Your account must be current for the deposit to be refunded.
- Customer Care will release the funds toward your account balance to cover any charges and then request a refund for any credit balance remaining.
- It usually takes 2-3 days via electronic refund (preferred method due to time/cost) or 5-7 days via paper check once you have filed a request for the remaining credit balance to be refunded.
- Depending on the state, interest may apply to your deposit. Rates will vary. Deposits from the following states accrue interest:
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- West Virginia
For credit balance or overpayment refunds:
- If your payment was made by check, electronic check, cash, money order, or through a sales office, your refund request will generally be processed within 1-2 business days. Your refund check will be sent in the mail 5-7 business days after your refund was processed.
- If your payment was made by credit or debit card, your refund request will generally be processed within 2-3 business days and will be reflected on your credit or bank account within 1-3 business days.
Note: Refund checks can only be sent to the billing responsible party.