You can request a refund for the deposit you paid at activation, as well as any credit balance or overpayment that may be made to your T-Mobile account.
If you would like to request a refund, please contact Customer Care. You will need to be the billing responsible party or an authorized user and we will need you to verify the following information:
- The password for the account or the last four digits of the Social Security number that was used to activate the account
- The mobile number for the account
- The current billing address for the account
Note: Canceled accounts must wait 30 days before the credit balance can be refunded due to final charges that may post to the account. You can call Customer Care to request a refund for any remaining credit balance.
For deposit refunds:
- You must complete 12 months of active service with T-Mobile.
- During those 12 months, you may only have one partial suspension and zero full suspensions on your account for non-payment to be eligible for a deposit refund.
- Note: If you have been suspended for non-payment during your first 12 months, you will be eligible for a deposit refund after an additional six months of active service.
- If you've been a customer for 18 months or more, you qualify for a deposit refund, regardless of payment history.
- Your account must be current for the deposit to be refunded.
- Customer Care will release the funds toward your account balance to cover any charges and then request a refund for any credit balance remaining.
- It usually takes 2-3 days via electronic refund (preferred method due to time/cost) or 5-7 days via paper check once you have filed a request for the remaining credit balance to be refunded.
- You will need to request a refund of your deposit. Depending on the state you live in, your refund may be proactively issued to you, with interest. Rates will vary. Deposits from the following states accrue interest and are proactively refunded:
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- West Virginia
Exception: Deposits form Utah accrue interest but will not be proactively refunded after 12 months.
For credit balance or overpayment refunds:
- If your payment was made by check, electronic check, cash, money order, or through a sales office, your refund request will generally be processed within 1-2 business days. Your refund check will be sent in the mail 5-7 business days after your refund was processed.
- If your payment was made by credit or debit card, your refund request will generally be processed within 2-3 business days and will be reflected on your credit or bank account within 1-3 business days.
Note: Refund checks can only be sent to the billing responsible party.