Adjustment and refund details
Requesting a refund
You can request a refund for the deposit you paid at activation, as well as any credit balance or overpayment that may be made to your T-Mobile account. We refund deposits on final credit balances upon request, unless otherwise required by law. Interest is applied on deposits at the rate the law requires.
Note: If you have an outstanding balance, the deposit may be applied in any order to any amount you owe on any account. You also may be required to increase or replace your deposit amount.
If you'd like to request a refund, please contact T-Mobile Customer Service. You'll need to be an authorized user on the account, and you'll need to verify the following:
- The password for the account or the last four digits of the Social Security number that was used to activate the account
- The mobile number for the account
- The current billing address for the account
Note: Canceled accounts must wait 30 days before the credit balance can be refunded due to final charges that may post to the account. You can contact T-Mobile Customer Service to request a refund for any remaining credit balance.
For deposit refunds:
- You may request a return of your deposit after 12 months of active service with T-Mobile.
- During those 12 months, your account must remain in good standing.
- Your account must be current for the deposit to be refunded.
- It usually takes 2-3 days via electronic refund (preferred method due to time/cost) or 6-10 days via prepaid card once you have filed a request for the remaining credit balance to be refunded.
For credit balance or overpayment refunds:
- If your payment was made by check, electronic check, cash, money order, or through a sales office, your refund request will generally be processed within 1-2 business days.
- If you request a prepaid card refund, it will be sent in the mail 6-10 business days after your refund was processed.
- If you'd like a paper check instead of a prepaid card, you may request a check through Citibank after receiving the card in the mail.
Note: Check payments must wait 10 days before a refund can be requested to allow time for the payment to process through the bank.
- If your payment was made by credit card or debit card, your refund request will generally be processed within 2-3 business days and will be reflected on your credit card or bank account within 1-3 business days.
- For debit or credit card payments, the refund will be sent back to the original account.
Note: Mailed refunds can only be sent to the responsible billing party.
Exception: Prepaid Service is non-refundable (even if returned during the return period), and no refunds or other compensation will be given for the unused airtime balances; lost or stolen prepaid cards; or coupons.
For credits and adjustments:
What to expect when you're issued a credit or adjustment on your bill:
- You must still pay the total amount due on your bill to avoid fees and service interruption.
- Any credit or adjustment you receive for an invalid charge will appear on your next billing statement.
- You can find the credit listed in the Monthly Summary under Credits & Adjustments.
- The amount will be deducted from Total Current Charges.
Please see Understand your bill if you need more information about where your credit can be found. If T-Mobile makes a mistake on your bill, please let us know. We'll do everything we can to make it right.