Smartphone Mobile Hotspot is a feature that let's you share your phone's Internet connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices. You can also connect using USB or Bluetooth. While tethered, you can still make or receive calls and text messages. Setting up your HotSpot is easy! It’s included with our Simple Choice plans as well as some of our older unlimited talk, text, and web plans.
- If you're going to be sharing your data connection, you'll want to make sure you have the right data plan. Check out our data calculator to find the right fit for you.
- Smartphone Mobile HotSpot only works in 4G and 4G LTE coverage. View our coverage map.
Get started with Smartphone Mobile HotSpot
To use Smartphone Mobile Hotspot, you'll need one of the following:
- A Wi-Fi-enabled smartphone or tablet
- A Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet
- A USB cable for tethering
Check the Phones page for setup steps. Select your phone, then go to Media & Internet > Tethering & mobile hotspot.