The T-Mobile Internet and picture messaging (MMS) settings for the Apple® iPhone® are being provided here as a courtesy. There is no guarantee these settings will make an iPhone fully functional on the T-Mobile network. These instructions are for iOS 4.2.1. Although these settings may work for other versions of iOS, their placement may differ. Customer Care cannot assist further with this configuration. Further information might be found on the Internet.
Note: Read the disclaimer and notes on unsupported handsets, devices, and software for additional information.
Important: The Apple® iPhone® is missing the WCDMA 1700/2100 band, and cannot function on the T-Mobile 3G or 4G network. T-Mobile recommends upgrading to a 4G capable phone to enjoy America's Largest 4G Network which is now even faster.
Settings for T-Mobile Internet and picture messaging:
- From the main menu, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Network.
- Verify the following settings:
- Data Roaming: On
- Wi-Fi: Off
- 3G Enable: Off
- Note: The Apple® iPhone® is missing the WCDMA 1700/2100 band, and cannot function on the T-Mobile 3G network.
- Note: Changing the 3G Enable function while the device is on an active call may cause the call to disconnect.
- Tap Cellular Data Network.
- Configure as follows:
- APN: epc.tmobile.com
- Username: <Leave Blank>
- Password: <Leave Blank>
- Enter the following information under the MMS section:
- Press the Home button to return to the Main Menu.
- Press the Homebutton to save the APN and exit to the main screen.
- Turn the device off and back on.
- Test the connection by opening the Safari web browser.
Verify MMS is enabled:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Messages.
- Tap MMS.
- Set MMS Messaging to On.