The T-Mobile Internet and picture messaging (MMS) settings for the Apple® iPhone® are being provided here as a courtesy. These instructions are for iOS 4.0+. Although these settings may work for other versions of iOS, their placement may differ. Customer Care cannot assist further with this configuration.
Note: Read the disclaimer and notes on unsupported handsets, devices, and software for additional information.
Important: The Apple® iPhone® is missing the WCDMA 1700/2100 band, and cannot function on the T-Mobile 3G or 4G network. T-Mobile recommends upgrading to a 4G capable phone to enjoy America's Largest 4G Network which is now even faster.
Settings for T-Mobile Internet and picture messaging:
- From the main menu, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Network.
- Verify the following settings:
- Data Roaming: On
- Wi-Fi: Off
- 3G Enable: Off
- Note: The Apple® iPhone® is missing the WCDMA 1700/2100 band, and cannot function on the T-Mobile 3G network.
- Note: Changing the 3G Enable function while the device is on an active call may cause the call to disconnect.
- Tap Cellular Data Network.
- Configure as follows:
- APN: epc.tmobile.com
- Username: <Leave Blank>
- Password: <Leave Blank>
- Enter the following information under the MMS section:
- Press the Home button to return to the Main Menu.
- Press the Home button to save the APN and exit to the main screen.
- Turn the device off and back on.
- Test the connection by opening the Safari web browser.
Verify MMS is enabled:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Messages.
- Tap MMS.
- Set MMS Messaging to On.