The T-Mobile Internet and picture messaging (MMS) settings for the Apple® iPhone® are being provided here as a courtesy. These instructions are for iOS 4.0+. Although these settings may work for other versions of iOS, their placement may differ. Customer Care cannot assist further with this configuration.
Note: Read the disclaimer and notes on unsupported handsets, devices, and software for additional information.
Important: The Apple iPhone is missing the WCDMA 1700 band, and cannot function on the T-Mobile 3G or 4G network. T-Mobile recommends upgrading to a 4G capable phone to enjoy America's Largest 4G Network which is now even faster.
Settings for T-Mobile Internet and picture messaging:
- From the main screen tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Network.
- Verify the following settings:
- Data Roaming: On
- 3G Enable: Off
- Note: Changing the 3G enable function while the device is on an active call may cause the call to disconnect.
- Tap Cellular Data Network.
- Configure as follows:
- APN: epc.tmobile.com
- Username: <Leave Blank>
- Password: <Leave Blank>
- MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
(Mobile link not intended for desktop browsing)
- MMS Proxy: 220.127.116.11:8080
- MMS Max Message Size: <Leave Default Setting>
- MMS UA Prof URL: <Leave Default Setting>