- Mobile HotSpot not charged
- Defective battery
- Defective router
To troubleshoot the issue, follow these steps:
- Take the battery out of the device and inspect it for damage: missing contacts, swelling, or other physical problems that would prevent it from sitting properly in the battery well. If the battery shows damage, then it will need to be replaced.
- While the battery is still removed, attempt the following:
- Be sure the USB cable is not connected..
- Press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds, then release.
- Replace the battery and test if the device will turn on properly.
- Inspect the deice and battery contacts for signs of physical damage.
- Plug in the USB cable to the router and the other end in to the computer.
- Look for a charging indicator. Note: It can take up to 20 minutes for a charging indication if the battery is completely depleted.
- If the charging indicator shows, allow the device to charge at least 5 minutes before attempting to power on.
- If you are not able to get the device to turn on, you may want to check out support documentation or post any issues encountered on prior to calling in.
- If the device still does not begin charging or turn on, contact Technical Care for further assistance.