To update your G-Slate, use the following steps:
Important: If the data connectivity is interrupted when the OTA is downloading, the tablet will resume the download once connectivity is restored. The tablet will function as normal if the download is interrupted.
The following are required to perform the software update:
- Battery level minimum of 50%
- Internet access through Wi-Fi or T-Mobile data (3G or 4G)
- 5-10 minutes for the download to complete
Updating the software
- From the menu, touch Apps.
- Touch Settings.
- Select Applications > Manage Applications > All > Download Manager.
- Touch Clear Data.
- Touch OK.
- A notification will appear when the update is available.
- Touch System update available notification will appear in the Notifications bar.
- Touch the Download button.
- Once the download completes, touch the Restart & install button.
- Once the tablet powers on, the update will complete.
Software update not received
This over-the-air (OTA) update will be sent to all customers. Once the G-Slate is connected to data via Wi-Fi or 3G / 4G, and the update is available an update prompt will display on the home screen.