Related Error messages:
- Generic Network Failure
- Unable to send message, retrying...
- Permanent Error
- Cannot send or receive MMS messages over Wi-Fi - T-Mobile myTouch Slide
The T-Mobile myTouch Slide may show a ‘generic network failure’ error message when attempting to send or receive picture messages (MMS). If you have an issue with MMS, please follow these steps:
- Check software version, see Check software version - T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide. If the phone has not been upgraded to Android 2.2 (Froyo), then see: How to download and install Android 2.2 (Froyo) software - T-Mobile myTouch Slide.
- Verify the Access Point Name (APN) is correct.
Important: You must complete these steps and remove the TelKila APN. If you perform a master reset, the TelKila APN will return and you must delete it again.
- Send a test MMS.
- If issues persist, verify that the contact who you are messaging does not have a dash or period in their phone number.
- Note: If it does, remove the dash or period and attempt to sent the MMS again. For example, 425.555.5555 or 425-555-5555 must be changed to 4255555555.
- Verify there is text in the subject line of the message, and it is not blank.
- If you are not roaming internationally, turn on data roaming, see Turn on and off data roaming - T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide.
- Delete all text message (SMS) and picture message (MMS) threads.
- Turn off the device and turn it back on.
- Test picture messaging (MMS) again.
- If the issue recurrs, uninstall any prepoaded applications they installed in the 1 to 2 days prior to the issue starting.
- Test picture messaging again without installing any non-T-Mobile applications or new settings.
- If the issue recurs, contact T-Mobile for a new SIM card.
- Note:While you wait for the new SIM card to arrive, you may send pictures as email attachments instead of picture messages (MMS) .