Use this page to determine if Motorola Software Update (MSU) is a possible resolution.
- MSU is a tool that allows Motorola customers to obtain the most up-to-date software available for their handset, which can improve handset performance and reduce unnecessary handset exchanges.
- MSU is currently available for the following T-Mobile Motorola model handsets:
Important: Performing a software update permanently locks an unlocked MOTOACTV.
- MOTOKRZR K1
- MOTORAZR V3 with myFaves (Cherry Blossom & Dragon Tattooed, Pearl Gray)
- MOTORAZR V3t / V3i D&G
- MOTORAZR2 V8
- MOTORIZR Z3
- MOTOROKR E8
- Motorola W490
- A software update can resolve software related issues that might otherwise result in a handset exchange.
- The handset must be in-warranty to perform a software upgrade.
- You must have the handset, a compatible computer and a USB data cable available.
Note: If you do not have a USB cable, you can purchase a compatible USB data cable from T-Mobile.com, from an electronics store, or contact customer care to see if cable is avaliable for your device.
- The Motorola Software Update takes 20 to 30 minutes on average based on internet connection and processor speed of the computer.
- Download software at http://www.t-mobile.com/motoupgrade/ or www.hellomoto.com > Support > Update my Software.