Use the following steps to determine how to resolve issues with a trackball or trackpad:
- Remove and re-insert the battery.
- Attempt to scroll left to right and up and down.
- If the trackball / trackpad works, the issue has been resolved.
- If the trackball / trackpad feels physically obstructed, refer customers to a retail location.
- Using Desktop Manager, back up the information on the device.
- Re-install the device software.
- If the issue is resolved, perform a Custom Restore of important information only.
- If the issue is not resolved, please Contact Us for additional troubleshooting.
Exception: If you have a BlackBerry Pearl 8100 or BlackBerry Curve 8320 and the above troubleshooting does not resolve the issue, follow these steps:
- Go to T-Mobile.com.
- Select Store Locator and find the closest T-Mobile retail location to you.
- Call the location to see if they have a replacement trackball available.
- If they have a replacement available, take your phone to the store and a retail representative will replace the trackball for your device model.
- If no replacement is available, please Contact Us for additional support.