There are several types of Uncaught Exception error:
- 'Uncaught Exception: Net.rim.device.ati.system.ObjectGroupReadOnlyException
- 'Uncaught Exception: Java.Lang.ClassCastException'
- 'Uncaught Exception: Java.lang.illegal argument exception'
- 'Uncaught Exception: Net.rim.device .api.system control exception'
- 'Uncaught Exception: Java.lang . no pointer exception'
To resolve any Uncaught Exception error, follow these steps:
- Verify that the device is running the latest software version before proceeding. The latest software version can be downloaded at www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade.
- Complete a back up of the device using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Find the Settings & Operating System document for your device to complete a security wipe. If you cannot navigate to the security wipe, use Desktop Manager to reload the software without backing up any information.
- Determine if the error has been removed without restoring any data.
- If the issue:
- Continues: Call customer care.
- Does not continue: Do a custom restore to add only critical data, one piece at a time.
- Doing a full restore may restore corrupt data and cause the issue to return. It is advised to only restore contacts, and possibly calendar if you need the calendar data.
- If restoring data causes the problem to happen, then remove it and do not restore it. The problem in this case is the data and not the device.