Checking the Access Point Name (APN) is useful when you cannot access the internet, have no data connection, or picture messages (MMS) are not sending.
T-Mobile myTouch 3G / 3G Slide / 4G devices that are updated to Android 2.2.1 have a problem with picture messaging (MMS) due to a TelKila APN. You must modify the APN settings as described below.
To verify that the APN and internet data connection settings, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Wireless & networks.
- Verify the Airplane mode check box is cleared, so that the wireless radio is on.
- Verify that the Mobile network check box is selected so that you can connect to data networks.
- Touch Mobile networks.
- Verify the Data roaming check box is selected. This will incur charges if you roam internationally, but it is required to receive data when roaming domestically.
- Touch Access Point Names.
- View the available APNs.
- Delete any connection listed for TelKila or T-Mobile MMS. To delete them:
Important: If you perform a master reset or reset the APN to default, any problems you had with the APN will return and cause connection problems again. You must perform this procedure again.
- Touch the APN, so you can see the settings.
- Press the Menu key.
- Touch Delete APN.
- Note: If you cannot delete TelKila, then edit the MMSC field to: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
- Touch the T-Mobile Data (or T-Mobile US) connection to view its settings.
- Verify the following:
- Name: T-Mobile Data (or T-Mobile US)
- APN: epc.tmobile.com
- Proxy: <Not set>
- Port: <Not set>
- Username: None
- Note: For the Username, enter "None" with the keypad. Do not leave it not set.
- Password: <Not set>
- Server: <Not set>
- MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
- MMS proxy: <Not set>
- MMS port: <Not set>
- MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 260
- Authentication type: <Not set>
- APN type: default,supl,admin,dun,mms
- Press the Menu key.
- Touch Save.
- Verify that you only have one T-Mobile Data (or T-Mobile US) connection listed.
Note: Resetting the APN and master reset both can cause the TelKila APN to return, so it is NOT recommended. However, if you need to reset: From the Access Point Names screen, press the Menu key, and touch Reset to default.