Understanding the Issue
- Error: 'Account Locked'
- Error: 'Account Lockdown: Unusual activity'
- Error: 'Lockdown in Sector 4'
- Can sign in to Google account on computer, but not on phone, tablet, or email client
What happens & why
Google explains that they lock accounts, due to the following reasons:
If we detect abnormal usage that may indicate that your account has been compromised, we may temporarily disable access. It will take between one minute and 24 hours for access to be reinstated, depending on the behavior detected by our system.
Unusual account activity includes, but is not limited to:
- Receiving, deleting, or downloading large amounts of mail via POP or IMAP in a short period of time. If you're getting the error message, 'Lockdown in Sector 4,' you should be able to access Gmail again after waiting 24 hours.
- Sending a large number of undeliverable messages (messages that bounce back).
- Using file-sharing or file-storage software, browser extensions, or third party software that automatically logs in to your account.
- Leaving multiple instances of Gmail open.
- Browser-related issues. Please note that if you find your browser continually reloading while attempting to access your Inbox, it's probably a browser issue, and it may be necessary to clear your browser's cache and cookies.
Help & How to
- For Android sign in problems, it is recommended you start with: Phone cannot sign in to the Google account on Android.
- Google states that it will take between one minute and 24 hours for access to be reinstated, depending on the behavior detected by their system. Please review Google: My account has been locked.
- You can:
Note: Because this problem occurs with the Google account which Google supports, T-Mobile cannot provide more support to access the account.
If you still cannot sign in, you can:
- Create a new Google account and use it instead. Refer to your user manual for signing in.
- See Google account help or contact Google: http://support.google.com/mail/?hl=en
- See related help: