Message Blocking is a service that allows you to block messages to and from your phone -helping you avoid unwanted messages. Best of all, T-Mobile provides this service to you at no charge! With Message Blocking you can block incoming and outgoing text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), Instant Messages (IM), and e-mail.
NOTE: Blocking incoming and outgoing Instant Messages and e-mail applies to phones which use text messaging to send/receive these messages. If you want to be able to send or receive messages, Message Blocking is not the right service for you. Messaging Blocking is intended to block messages in general, not to prevent overage charges. Message Blocking is not currently available for Prepaid accounts.
For more information about blocking messages, refer to the following sections:
For a list of Message Blocking options, refer to the following:
- Block ALL messages (SMS, MMS, IM, and e-mail):
- Blocks: Incoming/outgoing text and picture messages; text to e-mail and e-mail to text messages (i.e. messages sent to and from your @tmomail.net address); incoming/outgoing IM and e-mail messages sent to or from your mobile phone.
- Does not block: Free messages including: Voicemail notifications, Amber Alerts, messages delivering content such as games/ringtones, and service notifications. IM or e-mail on Windows Mobile®, BlackBerry®, or Sidekick® devices; IM or e-mail sent to or from your mobile phone using t-zones®/web2goSM.
- Block text and picture messages (SMS & MMS) only:
- Blocks: Incoming/outgoing text and picture messages. This includes text to e-mail and e-mail to text messages (i.e. messages sent to and from your @tmomail.net address).
- Does not block: Free messages including: Voicemail notifications, Amber Alerts, messages delivering content such as games/ringtones, and service notifications.
- Block Instant Messages (IM) only:
- Blocks: Incoming/outgoing IM messages sent to or from your mobile phone.
- Does not block: IM on Windows Mobile®, BlackBerry® or Sidekick® devices, IM sent to or from your mobile phone using t-zones®/web2goSM.
- Block e-mail messages only:
- Blocks: E-mail sent to or from your mobile phone using the e-mail program in the phone menu.
- Does not block: E-mail on Windows Mobile®, BlackBerry®, or Sidekick® devices; e-mail sent to or from your mobile phone using t-zones®/web2goSM, My E-mail, or e-mail sent to and from your @tmomailnet address.
NOTE: Message Blocking will block text and picture messages even if you have a messaging bundle or plan that includes messaging.
Message Blocking may not be for everyone. For those who do not wish to block all messages of a certain type, T-Mobile offers several other options:
- SPAM & Keyword Filters - Filters block messages sent from the Internet to your @tmomail.net address. They will not block messages sent to you from other mobile phones or 3rd party services. If you are receiving SPAM to your @tmomail.net address from e-mail addresses, see Filtering e-mails sent to my phone.
- Other forms of alert messages – Some 3rd party services send messages to your phone periodically. Many times you can stop these messages by replying to the unwanted message with the word STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE. If you have tried this and the messages continue, contact Customer Care.
To add Message Blocking, perform the following steps:
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in.
- Select Manage, and then select Plans & Services.
- Select a message blocking feature from the list provided and click the CHANGE SERVICES button.
- Complete the transaction and Message Blocking will activate.
To filter e-mails sent to your phone, perform the following steps:
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in.
- Select Connect and Share, and then select Configure your e-mail.
- From the pop-up box, select Create e-mail filters.
- Select CREATE FILTER or turn on one of the preset filters.
- NOTE: A Create/Edit a new filter form will become available here.
- Depending on what needs to be filtered, select the appropriate items from the drop-down menus and enter the information.
- To block a specific address use the From field.
- To block a specific topic use Subject.
- Click Save.
No. At this time you are not able to block messages or calls from a specific mobile number. You can set up a filter if the message is coming from an e-mail address. For more information, see Filtering e-mails sent to my phone.
If you receive text messages from +10476000000 with the body of the message containing one of the following codes, this message is from your personal e-mail notifying you of a new e-mail.
If you used the preloaded E-mail Application with a previous device (i.e. Samsung Blast, Motorola W490, etc.) then changed devices, it can lead to this situation. This message is usually delivered every hour, until the service is stopped.
To stop receiving these messages, put your SIM card back into the device that you used to set up access to your e-mail, and then remove all e-mail addresses from the E-mail Application.