Message Blocking details
Message Blocking is a free T-Mobile service that allows you to block messages to and from your phone, to help you avoid unwanted messages.
You can block incoming and outgoing text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), Instant Messages (IM), and email.
Messaging Blocking is intended to block all messages, not to prevent overages. Message Blocking is not available for Pay in Advance (prepaid) accounts.
Messages that are not blocked
Message Blocking does not block the following:
- Download messages for games or ringtones
- Voicemail notifications
- Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Service notifications
- Instant Messages (IM) or email sent to or from your phone using MobileLife Web
- Email sent to and from your @tmomail.net address
- Message Blocking will block text and picture messages even if you have a messaging feature on your account.
- Message Blocking will not block instant messages or email on Windows Mobile or BlackBerry phones.
Block messages from a specific number
You can block messages from a specific number by adding Family Allowances to your account. Once Family Allowances is added, you can change your settings to block messages from a specific number.