Message Blocking details
Message Blocking is a free T-Mobile service that allows you to block messages to and from your phone, to help you avoid unwanted messages.
- You can block incoming and outgoing text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), Instant Messages (IM), and email. Messaging Blocking is intended to block all messages, not to prevent overages.
- Message Blocking is not available for Pay in Advance (prepaid) accounts.
- The Primary Account Holder can add or remove the Message Blocking on My T-Mobile.
- Message Blocking will block text and picture messages even if you have a messaging feature on your account.
- Message Blocking will not block instant messages or email on Windows Mobile or BlackBerry phones.
Messages that are not blocked
Message Blocking does not block the following:
- Download messages for games or ringtones
- Voicemail notifications
- Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Service notifications
- Instant Messages (IM) or email sent to or from your phone using MobileLife Web
- Email sent to and from your @tmomail.net address
Block messages from a specific number
You can block messages from a specific number by adding Family Allowances to your account. Once Family Allowances is added, you can change your settings to block messages from a specific number.