Equipment Installment Plan (EIP) is a payment option that establishes an Equipment Credit Line (ECL) for qualified new and existing customers. The ECL can be used to purchase equipment and accessories and pay for them in interest-free installments. Qualified customers can initiate EIP over 4 or 20 installments, based on rate plan selection:
- Even More rate plans support a 4 installment EIP
- Even More Plus rate plans support a 20 installment EIP
- Not available to T-Mobile Prepaid customers or customers who do not wish to have their credit run.
- Minimum purchase of $19.99.
- Due to state regulations, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, West Virginia, and Wyoming will not allow putting purchases on a 20-installment EIP if you have existing Premium Handset Protection insurance or bundled features on your account.
How does the Equipment Installment Plan appear on my bill?
Purchases on installments will be added to your bill as part of your monthly recurring charge until it is paid off. Details can be found under the Other Charges section of your bill (Manage - Billing & Payments on My T-Mobile.)
Can I make purchases that exceed my Equipment Credit Line?
Yes, if the purchase price is higher than your ECL, your first installment payment will include the difference in price above your ECL.
Can I pay off my Equipment Installment Plan early?
Yes, you can elect to pay off your EIP early at any time if you do not wish to continue through the full 4 or 20 installment periods. To pay off your EIP, you will need to call Customer Care or visit a T-Mobile Retail Store.
Can I return items purchased on Equipment Installment Plan?
Yes, items purchased on EIP can be returned following existing Return Policy.
If I cancel my service, what happens to my Equipment Installment Plan balance?
If you elect to cancel service, all remaining installment charges will appear on your final bill.