Learn how to exchange a defective device.
To return a defective phone, Contact Customer Service. When you call, we will first attempt to troubleshoot your phone so you can avoid a replacement if possible.
Additional replacement options
If you choose note to file an exchange with us, you still have other options available to you.
- Return the phone to the manufacturer: You can return phones directly to the manufacturer if they do not want to participate in T-Mobile’s phone replacement program. To do so, please contact your phone's manufacturer directly.
- Upgrade your phone: You can also perform a handset upgrade to pay a low out of pocket price for a new phone, and have the option to pay the remainder of your phone balance over 24 months.
- File a claim with Assurant: If are enrolled in Premium Handset Protection (PHP) you can file a claim online.
After you receive your replacement phone
Once you receive the replacement phone, you must return the defective phone to T-Mobile to complete the exchange.
When receiving a replacement phone, you have three available shipping options:
- UPS Ground shipping - included in the $20 Service Warranty Fee (plus any applicable tax) for delivery within seven business days..
- UPS Express shipping - $19.99 plus $20 Service Warranty Fee (plus any applicable tax) for delivery within three business days excluding weekends and holidays.
- Note: UPS Express shipping is not available to PO Boxes, Military addresses that contain APO AE, or prepaid customers.
- Next Business Day - $5 (Available only to Premium Handset Protection Bundle and Premium Handset Protection Extended customers).