Learn how to SIM unlock your phone. Find out more on the page.
If you purchased an eligible T-Mobile device, the device has been programmed with a SIM lock feature. This feature will prevent the device from operating with another wireless carriers’ network without first obtaining a SIM unlock code for the device.
To SIM unlock your phone, follow these steps:
Understanding SIM unlock requirements
As an active or former T-Mobile customer, you may request a SIM unlock code for your device directly from T-Mobile, without charge. In order to qualify to receive the SIM unlock code your device must not be reported as lost, stolen, or blocked and you meet the following criteria:
- You have purchased your device from T-Mobile or an authorized T-Mobile dealer and activated it on T-Mobile service;
- You have requested no more than 2 SIM unlock codes per line of service in the last 12 months.
- You paid for your device in full;
- Your account is in good standing;
- Your device has been active on the T-Mobile network for 40 days;
- If you are under a service contract, you have made monthly payments for at least 18 consecutive months on your plan, or have paid a migration fee for the device; certain exceptions may apply please call Customer Care for details;
- If you are on a Prepaid plan, you have had more than $50 in total refills on the device;
- If you are a former customer, your account balance is zero and you did not port out a line associated with the device during the buyer’s remorse period;
- You provide proof of purchase if T-Mobile is unable to verify purchase.
Note: Additional restrictions may apply, please contact T-Mobile Customer Care for more details. Exceptions to some or all requirements may apply in certain circumstances, including for Military Personnel and Business and Government Accounts.
Requesting a SIM unlock code
If you would like to request a SIM Unlock code for your T-Mobile device, please contact Customer Care.
Important:This policy is subject to T-Mobile’s Terms and Conditions of service and may change without notice. T-Mobile may deny any request for a SIM unlock code at our sole discretion if the request is an effort to defraud the company.